Resources for Parenting, Child Care and Education
- Family Harmony at Home – When we model peaceful and loving relationships, our children feel more secure and loved. Positive language, active listening, and empathy help maintain a peaceful and happy family environment these under stressful times.
- Learning Through Play – Millions of children face interruptions with schooling and often feel isolated from friends and peers. This tip is about learning through play – something that can be fun for all ages!
- Parenting with Teens – Adolescents may be missing school, friends and socialization. It is important to provide them with extra support as well as the space to express themselves independently.
- Keep Calm and Manage Stress – This is a stressful time. Take care of yourself, so you can support your children.
- One-on-One Time – We can also see this as a chance to make better relationships with our children and teenagers. One-on-One time is free and fun. It makes children feel loved and secure, and shows them that they are important.
- When Children Misbehave – All children misbehave. It is normal when children are tired, hungry, afraid, or learning independence. And they can drive us crazy when stuck at home.
- Keeping Children Safe Online – Children and teens are now spending a lot more time online. Being connected helps them reduce the impact of COVID-19 and encourages them to continue with their lives.. but it also presents risks and dangers.
- Tips for Children with Disabilities – All children, including those with disabilities, need love, respect, nurturing, and time, especially during difficult and uncertain times.
- Structure Up – COVID-19 has interrupted our daily work, home and school routines. This is hard for children, teenagers and for you. Making new routines can help.
- Keeping it Positive – It’s hard to feel positive when our kids or teenagers are driving us crazy. We often end up saying “Stop doing that!” But children are much more likely to do what we ask if we give them positive instruction and lots of praise fo what they do right.
- Talking about COVID-19 – Be willing to talk. they will already have heard something. Silence and secrets do not protect our children. Honesty and openness do. Think about how much they will understand. You know them best.
- Back to School Planning for Virtual or At Home Learning
- Back to School Planning for In Person Classes
- Decision Making Checklist for Virtual or At-Home Learning
- NewSchools Learning from Home – Public Resources
- NewSchools Learning from Home – Resources Connectivity and Tools
- NewSchools Learning from Home – Resources Content and Curriculum