$80,000 – $115,000 per year based on skills and experience and determined by the hiring manager.
IronRoad is conducting a confidential search for an Accounting Manager. This is a direct hire position for our Dayton, Ohio client. We are sourcing for an Accounting Manager that has significant experience in the non-profit space. The Accounting Manager will handle all finance and accounting functions. We are looking for an individual that has a teacher’s heart and loves to share their expertise, teach, guide, and encourage others to learn on their team. Bring your great vibe, skill, and experience to this fast-growing company!
The Accounting Manager must have solid communication, technology, analytical, and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the preparation of all financial statements, managing month end/year end process, overseeing the accounts payable/receivable process and the audit. The Accounting Manager will need a strong understanding of accounting, multi-tasking capabilities, and strong Excel skills. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance & Administration. The Accounting Manager must have experience with federal grant management and be able to maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets—taking responsibility for meeting high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the annual audit, Form 990s and any other compliance reporting.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for the timely and accurate reporting of consolidated financial results.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements for the Director of Finance
- Coordinating activities of the external auditor
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process and organizational management
- Working with the Director of Finance to assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Revenue and Expenditure variance Analysis
- Understand Federal Uniform guidance standards for grant management.
- CPA, Preferred, but not required
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation when working independently with participants, data entry, and with projects.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office and Google Office Suite).
- Proficient in Accounting Software- QuickBooks, Sage Intact or Equivalent
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners, colleagues, and participants.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Driver’s license, insurance, and operational vehicle are required. Travel may be frequent, including travel outside the Dayton area.
TYPICAL WORK HOURS: Normal work hours are 8:30am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Some evenings and weekends will be required. NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: The company shall not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, military status, place of birth, age, marital status, or disability in any of its activities or operations. These activities or operations include actions against any employee, applicant for employment, subcontractor or vendor, or applicant for services, family, or child in its programs or activities. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all families, children, and staff who are part of the company.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred from an accredited institution or related fields such as Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- 5 – 7 Years of experience in Accounting/Finance
- 3 – 5 Years of experience in grant management
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) investment plans.