We are looking for a IronRoad is conducting a confidential search for a Civil Designer for our Cincinnati, Ohio client that’s business surrounds Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, and planning. We are looking for a talented Structural Engineer. Our client is looking for the Civil Designer to come in and make the position your own!
This culture is unlike any other firm. They foster teamwork, mentorship, collaboration, and a warm culture! No one project is the same as other projects. We are looking for an individual with the skill & experience that not only complements the Structural Engineer position but will be an amazing team member as well! We would love to hear from you at your earliest convenience as we are setting up interviews with hiring managers the next few weeks. The Civil Designer is a creative self-starter willing to assist in the civil engineering design and production for assigned projects.
Email Jenny if you are interested in a phone conversation firstname.lastname@example.org
The Civil Designer supports all areas of civil design from concept development through final construction documents. Civil design work includes highways, infrastructure, site development and Department of Transportation projects (ODOT preferred).
The Civil Designer is a positive contributor to other team members and is focused on self-improvement and enhancing their professional skills. This person is an honest, reliable employee who works with all team members to develop and implement civil designs that meet the constraints of scope, time, budget, schedule and client expectations. The Civil Designer is a good listener and an outgoing and personable problem solver, experienced and comfortable working on a broad range of project assignments, as an individual and as a member of a team.
The ideal candidate is actively engaged in training and continuous skill-set development. They can grasp the big picture without becoming labored or entrenched in the minute details of a solution.
- Supporting design and production on civil engineering projects
- Prepare documents in conformance with company standards and quality control requirements
- Design, engineer and detail a broad range of project types
- Demonstrate experience with both public and private projects
- Work within budgets and meet schedules and client expectations
- Serve the external client by serving the internal client
- Work closely with all company disciplines
- Coordinate work with architects, engineers, designers and technical personnel
- Participate in internal and external design charrettes and presentations
- Become involved in the local engineering community
- Seek guidance and mentorship from senior staff and Director of Civil Engineering
- Two-year Engineering or Architectural Technology Degree
- Minimum two years of experience in site design and/or roadway design
- Track record of success working for an engineering or architecture/engineering firm
- Experienced working in AutoCAD or Microstation
- Experience developing design and construction documents in CAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited US college
- Completed EIT with a desire to obtain PE licensure
- Desire to be NCEES certified with ability to be licensed in any state
- Minimum five years of experience in site design and/or roadway design in engineering or architecture/engineering firm
- Experience working in Civil3D and Microstation GEOPAK
- Knowledgeable of current site design and infrastructure technical criteria
- Experience performing site and roadway material take-offs and cost estimating
- Experience working on a variety of project types for a diverse range of clients in both the private and public markets
- Experience in writing technical summaries, comment dispositions, and charrette reports
- Experience working on civil engineering projects for a range of agencies and organizations
- Desire for progressive career development
- Participation in professional organizations
- Knowledge of engineering design trends, new products and materials
- Knowledge of current AASHTO and ODOT technical criteria