Salary Range: $100,000 – $130,000 per year based on skills and experience and determined by the hiring manager
IronRoad is conducting a confidential search for an Engineering Manager for our Fairfield, Ohio client. We are looking for a talented, confident, experienced Engineering Manager who is ambitious and willing to take on projects, someone who is energetic and ready to share their experience, grow within the organization and always ready to step in and help. If this is you, we would love to hear from you at your earliest convenience as we are setting up interviews with the hiring manager and candidates as soon as possible.
The Engineering Manager demonstrates the ability and experience of leading other engineers with a minimum of 10 years practical manufacturing engineering experience including CNC Machining and product assembly. This candidate must possess a working knowledge of process development, lean manufacturing techniques and a strong background in metal removal. The best qualified Engineering Manager will be ambitious and self-reliant with a problem-solving focus and be able to function autonomously.
- Design new products from concept to production.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management on product requirements and development of cost models.
- Mentor and coach team members for continual growth of their individual engineering and leadership skills; promote and approve professional development activities for staff.
- Maintain all standard operating procedures for all aspects of the Engineering team.
- Coordinate prototype build, test, and evaluation.
- Maintain and develop all standard operating procedures for all aspects of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related projects as needed.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- 10 years’ experience with CNC machining and product assembly, 5 years minimum experience in product design and development in the weapons space.
- Must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute.
- Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
- 5 years CAD/CAM
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Live Tooling Lathe
- 4 and 5 Axis Milling
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Manufacturing Quality
- Product Development
- Presenting Technical Information
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- 401(k) investment plans