$50,000 -$60,000 per year based on skills and experience and determined by the hiring manager.
IronRoad is conducting a confidential search for a Junior Accountant. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with a professional attitude. Preferred candidates will possess an Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience, 2-5 years of accounting to meet the needs of this fast-paced, highly detailed position where confidentiality is key. If you are looking for an exciting place to work, please consider joining our growing team. If this is you, please apply! (Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.)
- Accounts Payable, Data entry and coding invoices
- Payroll processing for clients including time entry, payroll changes.
- Assisting Tax Manager with daily, quarterly and year end processes.
- Recording daily tax and cash payments
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, tax, and other reconciliations.
- Post journal entries and analyze general ledger accounts.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Work with various groups and functions and facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Backup for other positions as needed.
- Payroll processing, balancing, and finalizing payroll processes.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files.
- Hybrid – in the office once a week
- Preferred – Associate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years payroll processing and accounts payable experience
- General knowledge of accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Working knowledge of payroll processing, payroll taxes, deductions, cafeteria plans, and pre-taxretirement plans, garnishments, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Sage Intacct or multiple accounting systems. With the ability toquickly learn payroll, tax, and accounting software’s.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Automated/online payment experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all financial matters and maintain a high level of integrity
- Sense of urgency and ability to adapt and problem solve
- Self-directed and resourceful with the ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks with exhibited follow-through and initiative.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and a great communicator across all levels of the organization.
- And other duties as assigned.
- 401(k) investment plans.