Retail Assistant Store Managers
IronRoad is conducting a confidential search for Assistant Store Managers for our client and their Ohio retail stores located in the Metropolitan areas of Cleveland, Columbus & Cincinnati (Elyria, Gahanna, Great Western, Northland, Springfield, Tri-County, Kenwood). We are looking for YOU if you if you have supervised a team in any retail environment! We want YOU if dig the details of learning all about the retail side of fashion, helping customers, being part of an awesome team and sharing your great vibe every day! Our clients fast growing stores need bright, kind & talented individuals that want to learn the retail business, get good at it so you can move on up to a leadership role, keep growing the brand and help with the phenomenal growth as new stores are opened! Our client’s culture is unlike any other retailer. They foster learning, teamwork, mentorship, collaboration, and a warm friendly atmosphere! YOU can make a difference by creating the synergy with your team members teaching them the right way to take care of their store, those they work with and your customers. We know you are out there! We are looking for you! Candidate conversations are being scheduled with hiring managers beginning the week of November 7,2022. Please fill out the online application and you will receive an email to schedule a phone conversation within an hour of applying.
We are excited to hear from you!
The Assistant Store Manager will support the Store Manager, lead by example and be responsible for employees, customer experience and operational excellence.
The Assistant Store Manager will support the Store Manager with recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding top talent. This individual takes a strong role in managing the sales floor, engaging customers, and monitoring the KPI’s to deliver sales results every hour, every day. The Assistant Store Manager also takes a lead role in driving Operational Excellence in support of the Store Manager. They execute, delegate, and inspect the completion of daily operations with a focus on operational excellence. Doing things right, the first time, every time.
- Delivers exceptional customer service and coaches their store staff how to deliver exceptional customer service. Our consistent focus on customer service is the differentiator between us and other retailers and why our customers always come back.
- Ensuring that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage, and promotions.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing changes in team morale and performance
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of the company.
- Maintains and models a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events; continue to keep store operating to standard and sets a positive example for the team.
- Maintains a high level of product knowledge and organization of store products and inventory.
- Coordinates control of inventory and ensures that inventory counts, and cycles are maintained.
- Trains staff on jobs and tasks as well as policies and expectations.
- Team building and management: influences staff by leading by example
- Delegates and follows up on tasks as set by management
- Adheres to all financial operating procedures and tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Preferably 2 years of retail experience or comparable experience
- Must have written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal, creative problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to lift more than 25 pounds
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to take own initiative and take responsibility for actions
- Ability to work strategically, tactically, and operationally
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Previous assistant store manager experience in the retail industry
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) investment plans.