Field Service Engineer – Print, Packaging, Wide Format
$65,000 to $72,000 annually based on skills and experience and determined by the hiring manager.
IronRoad is conducting a confidential search for a Field Service Engineer that is from the printing, packaging, or wide format industry. Our search is being done for our Solon, Ohio client. We are looking for a high energy individual with a can-do attitude that shares their great vibe throughout the organization. This person should be very detail oriented and have a high level of customer service. This individual can be based in Northeastern Ohio (Cleveland / Solon). This is a direct hire position. If you feel that your skill & experience compliment the job requirements below, we would love to hear from you!
With supervision by Senior Engineers during the training period, the Field Service Engineer performs installation, maintenance, and repair for a wide range of new and existing print manufacturing equipment in a highly skilled, safe, and professional manner. This position requires a high degree of independent judgment, customer service skills, and mechanical aptitude.
- Serve existing and new accounts by installing and maintaining print production equipment.
- Troubleshooting, repair, and documentation of service to machinery in customer facilities
- Maintain rapport with customers by analyzing customer trouble reports; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Conduct facility pre-installation meetings with customer/customer contractors to confirm utility modifications required for proper installation and operation of equipment.
- Assist operations team in coordination of logistics for delivery of equipment and parts to and from outside vendors and other locations for purchase and/or repair when needed.
- Inspects, installs, familiarizes, and demonstrates equipment for customers.
- Completes required documentation of work for customer and employer records, including but not limited to: Service Records; Service Tickets for billing; Warranty records; Expense Reports; purchase records; and other documentation required to maintain Equipment Warranty & Service Records.
- Analyze work orders; plan daily schedule; investigate complaints; troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Maintain customer trust by keeping service information confidential within the company system.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities such as vendor training and trade shows; reading professional publications and product manuals.
- Accomplishes organization mission by completing related tasks as assigned (e.g., trade show planning and preparation).
- Includes high level of travel periodically.
- Preferred Education: BS in Mechanical, Industrial, Robotics, or Electrical Engineering
- Non-Degreed: 8+ years high-hands-on experience in production/manufacturing environment
- Preferred Experience: Hands-on Technical experience in internship or production environment
- US Citizen / valid US work permit; Veterans encouraged.
- Hold a current and valid US driver’s license, insurable under the corporate umbrella policy
- High Mechanical and Schematics Aptitude
- Moderate Electronics Aptitude
- Customer service skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of tools
- Teamwork orientation
- Deductive reasoning
- Time management with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Sitting – Required to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area, including driving or riding in a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Standing – Required to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Walking – Required to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work (Includes walking to and from work area, cafeteria, parking etc.)
- Lifting – Required to raise or lower objects from one level to another regularly during the shift.
- Pulling and/or Pushing — Requires exerting force up to a certain number of pounds on a regular basis so that the object is moved to or away from the employee.
- Carrying — Required, on a regular basis, to carry objects in his or her arms or on the shoulder(s), including personal tools and work supplies.
- Grasping — Requires that the employee regularly pick up objects with fingers.
- Reaching – Required to use the hands and arms to reach for objects.
- Stooping and Crouching — Regularly required to bend forward by bending at the waist or by bending legs and spine.
- Crawling — Required to work in a confined space and to crawl and move about on his or her hands and knees.
- Color Determination — Requires color determination vision (no color blindness).
- Near Acuity — Requires clarity of vision at 20 feet or more, with or without corrective lenses.
- Speaking — Requires expressing ideas by the spoken word.
- Listening — Requires the perception of speech or the nature of sounds in the air.
Medical, Dental, Vision 401(k) investment plans