IronRoad | Recruiting | Sous Chef
IronRoad is conducting a confidential search for a Sous Chef for our Cincinnati, Ohio client. You will be working hand and hand with the Chef preparing and designs of food/menus, dinners, lunches, large parties, weddings, extravaganzas etc.
Sous Chef is responsible for providing supportive leadership to kitchen staff through out food service. Their duties include assisting the Head Chef in monitoring kitchen activities, expediting orders to ensure quality taste or presentation and taking on additional responsibilities in the Head Chef’s absence to ensure the kitchen staff has proper direction
Sous Chefs oversee food preparation and cooking in very busy kitchen, and help with the training of new kitchen staff. To succeed in this job, a candidate must be able to effectively undertake the following day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Assist with maintaining food and supplies inventory appropriately
- Experience with menu planning and recipe development.
- Knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation.
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Must have open availability and reliable transportation.
- Exceptional cooking skills
- Ability to effectively manager the kitchen staff, motivate them and assign duties fairly
- Ability to multitask and work quickly under pressure
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to Detail and organizational skills
- 2+ years of culinary or kitchen experience
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- 3+ years of formal culinary experience of food service management at a busy hotel or restaurant kitchen
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discount
- 401(k) investment plans.