Resources for Health, Wellness and Giving Back
At Home Fitness & Nutrition
- Grokker – Grokker is providing complimentary access to its on-demand video wellbeing solution to individuals, employers, and non-profits. During this time, users will have access to Grokker’s holistic wellbeing programs and videos – including fitness, mental health, nutrition, sleep and financial wellness. This includes access expert encouragement, GrokTalk and the support of the Grokker community. Free through April 30, 2020.
- Peloton – Stream any Peloton class on your phone, tablet or TV. This includes yoga and meditation; cardio, cycling, or running workouts; and strength in bodyweight and strength training classes. Free for 90 days.
- Core Power Yoga – Offering free Yoga and Yoga Sculpt classes you can stream at any time via their Yoga On Demand. Free.
- Wellbeats – Access 500+ workouts from the convenience of your home. Available until April 30th.
- PVolve – Choose from 200+ videos, with new ones added weekly. Filter by length, body focus and more. Extended 30-day free trial, no credit card needed.
- The Class by Taryn Toomey – This therapeutic stress-relieving class involves jumping, body-weight exercises and breathing exercises (some chanting, too) set to music. It requires no equipment, but you do need an open mind. Free 14-day trial.
- Nike Run Club – The Nike Run Club app offers lots of workouts from top running coaches for all levels. The app also tracks your distance and pace so you can ensure you’re getting your steps in while you’re cooped up inside. Free.
- Daily Burn – If you miss the social aspect of workout classes, consider giving Daily Burn a try. Their engaged online community could help you stay motivated while you’re self-quarantined. In addition to thousands of recorded group workouts (from Pilates to postnatal classes), they also provide virtual one-on-one training sessions through the smartphone app. Free 30-day trial.
Here are some useful links and articles to help:
- Alcohol Rehab
- Well-Being Apps for At-Home Use
- How to Cope with Job Stress and Build Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Workplace Stress & Anxiety Disorders Survey
- Online Therapy Apps
- Sixty+Me: 5 Ways to look after your mental and physical health during Coronavirus Quarantine
- Wellness Coach: Meditation
- Calm: Take a Deep Breath – Free Resources for Individuals
- How to Keep Coronavirus Fears From Affecting Your Mental Health
- How to Care for Yourself While Practicing Physical Distancing
- How Do I Know Someone is Experiencing Anxiety or Depression
- How to Help Someone with Anxiety or Depression During COVID-19
- How to Support a Loved One Going Through a Tough Time During COVID-19
Ways To Give Back
- 25 Volunteer Jobs to Do from Home – 25 volunteer jobs to do from home. You may just find a fun volunteer project and find an easy way to help a good cause.
- 9 Places to Volunteer Online (And Make a Real Impact) – All you need to make a difference is an internet connection.
- Give & Take: How to Give Back When Staying Home – As we find ourselves increasingly staying at home, it can be harder to find ways to contribute, but many of us have more time on our hands than ever to do just that. Luckily, there are a number of ways to give back even if you’re limiting social contact, or even without leaving home.